Obesity is the increase in the fat content of the body.
A person is considered obese when he is 20% above his ideal weight.
Why is morbid obesity considered disease producing?
At this weight obesity starts to cause many diseases:
- Hypertension (High blood pressure).
- Coronary artery disease. (Heart blood vessel occlusion).
- Respiratory problems ( any where between breathing difficulties, snoring, asthma, and up-to respiratory failure).
- Gall stones.
- Chronic back pain and disc prolapse.
- Knee, ankle pains and degenerative joint diseases.
- Fertility problems (any where between irregular period, infertility, to major problems during pregnancy for the mother and baby.
- Dyslipedemia (high blood cholesterol and triglycerides).
- Some types of cancer are seen much more frequently in the morbidly obese.
- Depression, social withdrawal, job failures and decreased self esteem are even more serious problems than all of the above diseases due to the damaging effect on the person’s morale.
Morbid obesity operations: